It is tough for a movie to successfully entertain, educate and inform the viewers of genuine social issues while winning awards. Danny Boyle’s Slumdog Millionaire, this year’s winner of the Best Movie Oscar Award, does all of this beautifully. But we need to learn the right lessons. Maybe I am reading too much into the movie but then the specific changes made by Boyle to the original story in the book and the criticism by the Hindu extremists leads one to think if that is really the case. Here are the 10 questions asked to Jamal, the hero of the movie. Each question symbolizes the issues Indians face on a daily basis. Correct answers are in bold. Continue reading
July 1st, 2009 is the 91st birthday of the Late Ahmed Hussain Deedat the charismatic Islamic activist, Bible student and speaker.
His combative debate style could be attributed to the circumstances that brought him to this line of work in the first place: attempts by young trainee Christian missionaries to convert him during his childhood. He used these Christian missionaries to practice and learn techniques of debating the Bible. He also perfected his skills which were to give him his worldwide debating popularity later on. Continue reading
The first-ever nationally representative study of Muslim Americans was released by Gallop on March 2, 2009. It proves false 13 common misconceptions about this segment of the American population. Take a look and let me know what you think. Continue reading
Development or modern day slavery? Quality living or an island of apartheid? Freedom to do business or dictatorship? You decide.
We are tired by now of hearing the the claim from the Israelis – “What would America do if it came under rocket fire from Mexico?” Lets look at the facts:
- 94% of Mexico is not under a 43 year occupation that is considered illegal by EVERY country in the world. Palestine is.
- There are no illegal settlements throughout Mexico with checkpoints preventing people from going to work, school and hospitals. In Palestine there are. These checkpoints cause immense human suffering including numerous deaths.
- Mexico’s land, air and sea ports are not under full blockade, virtually putting an end to all travel and trade. Gaza’s are.
- Palestinians are allowed to use 83 cubic meters of water per person annually while Israelis enjoy 333 cubic meters per person from the same sources. In Mexico, that’s not the case.
- Mexico has a Navy, Army, Airforce, heck it is functioning a country. Gaza is nothing more than a tiny ghetto.
- United states will not kill 1% of Mexicans which is more than a MILLION people. But Israel killed about 1400 Gazans (1% of the population).
The number of Israeli dead in 8 years of rockets from Gaza are about the same number of dead Israelis from a weekend of traffic accidents = four.
The missiles being fired by Hamas cannot be simply dismissed as terrorists acts without seeing the desperation of the Gazans.